Mizinozo | Custom t-shirt store - Official 70% Of American Say Let’s go Brandon Shirt
Buy this shirt: https://mizinozo.com/product/official-70-of-american-say-lets-go-brandon-shirt/
I was 10 and in fifth grade when I first became aware of it. And I didn’t learn about it within the Official 70% Of American Say Let’s go Brandon Shirt besides I will buy this school system—that was the year I was homeschooled [laughs]. I grew up on the Blackfeet reservation in Montana, and we had a four or five-room schoolhouse with about 60 kids, from kindergarten up to eighth grade. Like a lot of reservation schools, we didn’t have many resources and so for fifth grade, my mom, who has a degree in early childhood development, built a curriculum for me. I loved performing and would go to dance class once a week, and because I liked ballet, she alerted me to Maria Tallchief, who was America’s first prima ballerina and from the Osage Nation. That was when my dad told me that people had killed Osage for their oil money, and I remember being so scared for Maria. But the deeper implications of the story only surfaced in a bigger way after David Grann’s book came out, which I of course read.

Once you got onto that incredible set in Oklahoma, with all of these Osage actors, what proved most difficult? How tricky was it to learn the Official 70% Of American Say Let’s go Brandon Shirt besides I will buy this Osage language, for instance? Well, the Osage Nation Language Department was amazing and so helpful, and I had the Osage language app, too. I downloaded it early and picked up as much of the orthography as I could before I started working with my language teachers. It’s so inspiring to see all of these people working to preserve and revitalise this language. I took classes for four months before going on set and then was brushing up constantly. I’ve lost it now, but by the time I left the set, I was starting to be able to construct my own sentences in Osage. It’s funny because that’s so much further than where I am with the Blackfeet language, even though I grew up hearing bits and pieces of it.

Home: https://mizinozo.com/
Nhận xét
Đăng nhận xét